Wasabi Crusted Salmon Recipe
The addition of a spicy and crunchy wasabi crust adds an exciting twist in flavor and texture to this otherwise mild, tender fish.
- 1 cup wasabi peas
- 1/2 cup panko Japanese style breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp. lime zest
- 2 tsp. finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tsp. granulated garlic
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 4 thick cut salmon fillets, 6-8 oz. each, with skin and bones removed
- 1 lime, cut into 4 wedges
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Place peas, breadcrumbs, lime zest, ginger, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper in bowl of food processor and pulse until it becomes coarsely ground, evenly sized crumbs (about 5 or 6 pulses).
- Heat oil over medium-high in heavy bottomed saute pan large enough to hold all of the salmon with room in between.
- Dry off the salmon and season it with salt and pepper.
- Place salmon, skin side up, in pan and let it sit, undisturbed until a golden brown sear forms, about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove salmon from the pan and place, seared side up, onto a lightly oiled sheet pan.
- Press wasabi crumb mixture onto the tops of the salmon and place the pan in the oven.
- Cook salmon for about 10 minutes or until cooked the way you prefer it.
- Serve salmon with lime wedges.