Summer Tomato Bruschetta with Goat Cheese and Basil Recipe
This is a light and delicious summer appetizer. It is fun to improvise on this dish using different herbs, cheeses, and vinegars.
- 1 baguette, cut at an angle into 1/2" thick slices
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 cups diced tomatoes, preferably in mixed colors
- 1 shallot, diced small
- 2 Tbsp. good quality balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 tsp. chili flakes
- Salt and pepper
- 10 large, fresh basil leaves, torn
- 4 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
- Toast the bread in an oven or over a grill until golden brown.
- Rub with the toasted bread lightly with the garlic clove.
- In a bowl combine the tomatoes, shallots, vinegar, remaining olive oil, chili flakes, salt and pepper and taste for seasoning.
- Mound tomato mixture onto toasted bread and top with crumbled goat cheese and torn basil leaves.
- Allow bruschetta to sit for a few minutes before serving so that the bread soaks up some of the juices from the tomatoes.