Fresh Tangerine Granita Recipe
This dessert is light and full of flavor. It is wonderful served over vanilla or chocolate ice cream.
- 4 cups fresh squeezed tangerine juice
- 1/4 cup sugar, or more or less to taste depending on sweetness of tangerines
- Combine juice and sugar, to taste, in a bowl and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour liquid into a 9x13 inch stainless steel pan or glass baking dish and place in freezer.
- When the top of the liquid forms an icy layer, scrape down the length of the pan in rows with a fork to make flaky ice chips.
- Return the pan to the freezer and let another frozen layer form and then scrape again with a fork.
- Repeat the freezing and scraping steps until all liquid is frozen.
- Fluff with a fork to create soft, delicate flakes.
- Serve as is or over ice cream