Summer Lobster Salad with Tarragon-Lemonade Spritzer Recipe
The tarragon-lemonade spritzer is an interesting non-alcoholic beverage that complements the flavors of the lobster salad. The herbs in the lemonade can be changed to match whatever dish you want to serve it with.
- 1 1/2 lbs. freshly cooked lobster claw and tail meat, diced into large pieces and chilled
- 1 lb. small yellow creamer potatoes 1/2 cup scallions, sliced thin 1 lb. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (cut from 2 large ears of corn) 6 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (5 to 6 lemons)
- 2 Tbsp. tarragon leaves (plus 4 small sprigs for garnish)
- 3/4-1 cup superfine sugar, or to taste
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sparkling water
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil and add potatoes.
- Cook potatoes until tender when pierced with a fork and drain in a colander.
- When cool enough to handle, slice potatoes into 1/4" thick rounds and lay onto individual plates.
- Place lobster, scallions, tomatoes, cucumber, radish, and corn in a medium bowl and toss with lime juice, olive oil, basil leaves, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Evenly distribute the lobster salad over the potatoes.
- To make lemonade, place the sugar and tarragon leaves into the bowl of a food processor and pulse until the leaves are crushed to small bits and incorporated well with the sugar.
- In a large pitcher, combine the infused sugar with the lemon juice and waters and stir well to dissolve sugar.
- Serve lemonade over ice and garnish glasses with a sprig of tarragon.