New Potato Salad with Creme Fraiche, Dill, and Capers Recipe
This salad is a wonderful accompaniment to fresh and smoked fish.
- 2 dozen small yellow creamer or red potatoes
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup crème fraiche
- 2 Tbsp. capers, rinsed and roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh dill
- 1 Tbsp. chopped chives
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- Coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil.
- Place potatoes in water and cook until tender when pierced with a fork.
- Drain potatoes in a colander and let them dry until they are cool enough to handle.
- Slice potatoes into halves or quarters if they are large.
- Place potatoes in a bowl and toss with lemon juice and olive oil.
- Add the crème fraiche, capers, herbs, lemon zest, and salt and pepper and mix well.
- Place in refrigerator to chill and adjust seasoning as needed before serving.