Orecchiette with Sausage, Broccoli Rabe, and Parmesan Cheese Recipe
This is a simple dish that is quite easy and fast to prepare. The bitterness of the broccoli rabe contrasts nicely with the spice from the sausage and the sweetness of the sun dried tomatoes.>
- 1 lb dried orecchiette pasta
- 3-4 links spicy Italian sausage, removed from casings and crumbled into large pieces
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe, remove tough stems and tear into small pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/3 cup julienned sun dried tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh ground parmesan cheese
- Salt & pepper
- Cook pasta in salted, boiling water until al dente.
- While pasta is cooking, place sausage into a large, heated pan and saute over medium-high heat so that sausage browns on the outside.
- Remove sausage from pan and place on paper towel lined plate, reserving about 2 Tbsp. of drippings in pan.
- Place broccoli rabe in pan with sausage drippings and cook, stirring occasionally, until it begins to brown.
- Add garlic and saute quickly while stirring.
- Before the garlic starts to brown, add chicken stock and simmer until broccoli rabe is just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Drain cooked pasta and combine with broccoli rabe, sausage, sun dried tomatoes, and half of Parmesan cheese.
- Season to taste.
- Serve with remaining Parmesan cheese.