Green Beans with Savory and Shallots Recipe
This simple recipe really highlights the wonderful combination of savory and green beans.
- 1 1/2 pounds small green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 medium shallots, minced
- Leaves from 6 to 8 sprigs summer savory, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp. sugar
- Salt and pepper
- Blanch the green beans in lightly salted water until just tender.
- Submerge the beans in ice water to stop the cooking and then remove.
- Place the vinegar, shallots, savory, and sugar into a small bowl and whisk in the olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the green beans with the vinaigrette and let marinate for a few hours in the refrigerator before serving.
- Bring back up to room temperature before serving, adjusting seasoning as needed.