Scallop Ceviche with Salad of Lamb's Lettuce and Jicama Recipe
- 500 grams sashimi-grade tuna
- 250 grams sea scallops
- 30 grams plain tobiko
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh mint leaves
- 6 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 125 milliliters lime juice
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (nuoc nam)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons blended olive oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 30 grams red onion, ciseler finely, rinsed
- 250 milliliters coconut milk
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut in brunoise
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
The Salad, Garnish and Service:
- 100 grams jicama, cut in julienne
- 100 grams carrot, cut in julienne
- 100 grams mache, washed and dried
- 15 grams chives, cut in 2-inch lengths on a very sharp angle
- Cilantro sprigs
Preparation For the Seafood:
- Trim the tuna, cut it in large, even brunoise, and place it in a small bowl.
- Remove the muscles, if any, from the scallops and dice the flesh in large brunoise as well. Place in a separate bowl with the tobiko.
- Mix the herbs and combine one-third with the scallops and the remaining two-thirds with the tuna. Refrigerate both mixtures.
Preparation For the Dressing:
- Whisk together the citrus juices, fish and soy sauces, oil, curry, ginger, jalapeñ, and onion.
- Divide the dressing in half and place in 2 separate bowls. Add the coconut milk and brunoise of bell pepper to one of them. Taste and adjust the seasoning in both.
For the Salad Garnish and Service:
- Combine the jicama and carrot with half of the plain dressing and let marinate until service time.
- Per order: Combine 60 grams of the tuna with the coconut dressing and mix well. Mold it and place it to one side on a chilled plate.
- Combine 30 grams of the scallops with some of the plain dressing and place on top of the molded tuna.
- Drain the julienne, and moisten a few mâche leaves with a touch of the strained dressing.
- Arrange a spray of the mâche on the opposite side of the plate from the seviche. Mix a few chives with a pinch of the julienne and place on top of the mâche. Drizzle a little extra dressing on the plate and decorate the seviche with a cilantro sprig.