Three Pea Sauté with Parmesan and Mint Recipe
The three types of peas in this dish each add a different element of flavor and texture. Mint is a classic addition to peas.
- 1 cup fresh English peas
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, sliced into 1/4" pieces
- 1 cup snow peas, sliced into 1/4" pieces
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 Tbsp. fresh mint leaves, sliced very thin
- 1/4 cup fresh ground Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Bring a small pot of salted water to a rolling boil.
- Have an ice bath set up.
- Place the English peas into the boiling water and cook until just done, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the water and plunge into the ice bath to stop the cooking.
- Remove from the ice bath and set aside.
- Repeat with the sugar snap peas and then the snow peas.
- Once all of the peas are cooked, place the cream in a sauce pot and bring to a simmer.
- Add the cooked peas and season to taste.
- When the cream starts to reduce and thicken, remove from the heat and toss in the Parmesan cheese and mint.
- Serve immediately.